Friday, July 15, 2011

M&M's Yummy - Shayla's 3rd birthday!

You never know what to expect when you ask a toddler what type of birthday party they want. I was surprised when I asked Shayla..I was thinking Tinkerbell or Princess or something easy of that nature, isn't that what you'd expect from a little girl...Nope she comes up with an M&M birthday party and she doesn't falter in her decision once. This only forces mommy to try be creative and some how I missed getting that gene in the family. Surprisingly enough I think I managed to pull it off.
 We had M&M everything. Talk about chocolate overload. I even attempted to make the cakes myself. I'm no professional cake decorator but they tasted pretty good. 


She had fun trying to blow out the candles
and had a little help.
Everyone had fun singing to her and waited patiently for their piece of cake.


We made some fabulous M&M caramel candied apples. They looked great! Too bad we forgot to hand them out at the end of the party, so we ended up delivering them all the next day.Way too many to keep.



We even created a M&M version of pin-the-tail-on the donkey. It was lots of fun trying to pin the M on the M&M.
  
 
Her favorite surprise was the huge dollhouse from Grandma & Grandpa
Look I can almost climb into it


And who doesn't love the sound of pretty paper ripping to unveil that special something. Shayla loved all of her special surprises.
All the kids saw Tenley & said look a "real baby"
Thank you to all our friends and family for making it such a memorable day for Shayla.She still talks about it.


Side note: At the time we couldn't find anything M&M related any where, and now months after the fact Walmart has almost a full isle of stuff. Go Figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment